So patch 4.01 has hit and stuff has changed a bit around.
First thing i did on wednesday when i had it installed was, get my dps spec sorted and hit a round on the HC target dummy. And it was indeed as i feared there was a huge dent in my beloved dps it was about a 60% of what it used to be. After that that a was a lot less happy with the patch.
Fast forward a bit Thursday: logged back on and reforged some of my gear so i would have some more mastery, and went back to the dummies. What a suprise i had when my dps wasnt just restored to its former glory but also increased alot, my rakes had suddenly 9k crits and rip 8k. I was kind of confused at this point. So i went online and found the blue post were was explained that they had buffed some classes/specs overnight and one of these was Feral Dps
So far for kitty :)
This had my most attention, but there were other changes aswell i had to check, so i'll list them
- Tanking as a druid has changed, Pulverize is pure win and so is the reset on mangle with lacerate ticks, aoe tanking is harder then it used to be with swipe on a 6 second cooldown and the still aoe happy dps of WotLK. Our mastery scales very well with vengeance which is nice.
- Herbalism is a bit less bad for druids now than it was, Lifebloom now not only heals but also grants you haste for 20 seconds(240 at the max)
- Resto (not of great interesst to me) has changed alot most of it of course the removal of treeform :(. I could not realy handle it atm on my mini druid. All the hots have changed mostly and it felt wierd to me. I did not play resto much before and these changes might just make sure im not even tempted to try.
- Balance is still the same old faceroll it was before even with the eclipse changes, The eclipse mechanic works a lot better then before and is totaly non rng dependable now. might pop on my mini druid for balance once in a while for some fun.
- Reforging to mastery is pure win
- If your profession is inscription, now is very good time for making money. Glyphs sell fast, are cheap to make and about worth 100-200g a piece on auction.
I have most likely forgot something but i believe thats about it for now.